« Return to List
Posted on 04.12.2011
Research Unveils Best Time to Tweet, Blog, Email and Update Facebook
recently hosted a webinar
with Dan Zarrella, HubSpot's Social Media Scientist, on the “The Science of Timing
” where he shared findings from his more than two years of research on the best days and times for marketers to Tweet, blog, email and update Facebook.
Here are some of the most useful takeaways I gathered from the presentation:
Twitter and Facebook:
- Re-tweeting is at its highest between 2-5 p.m. EST. Tweet later in the day and later in the week for best results.
- Saturdays and Sundays are amongst the highest days for Twitter click-through rates.
- Don’t be afraid of tweeting too much. Tweet more!
- Weekends are the best time for sharing things on Facebook.
- Facebook pages that post every other day perform better.
- There is little difference between the B2B and B2C consumer when it comes to social media timing communications.
- Emails sent on the weekend have higher open rates AND higher bounce rates because people have time to pay more attention to email.
- Send more emails. A higher frequency of emails sent doesn’t correlate with a higher rate of unsubscribers.
- Your newest subscribers have a higher click-through rate.
- Men tend to read blogs at night more often than women.
- Blog post views are highest on Mondays.
- Blogs posted on the weekend tend to have more comments.
- Links to blog posts are higher between 6-7 a.m. EST on Mondays and Thursdays.
While there is some very actionable data presented in Zarrella’s research, it’s important to remember that every industry is different, which is why it’s imperative that you know your audience and experiment with different times and days of the week.