Ombudsman Educational Services operates alternative education programs across the country.
Lovell Communications developed a cohesive set of materials and messaging to help Ombudsman reach decision-makers and key members of its key audiences.
Strategy and Tactics
Based on research and interviews with employees and school district administrators, we identified the elements needed for Ombudsman’s branding campaign. Those elements included:
• New photography to be used in all marketing and communications material;
• Media relations efforts to support Ombudsman’s message across the country;
• Collateral for Ombudsman’s charter school audience;
• A backgrounder containing general background information about the program;
• Event support material for Ombudsman charter school open houses and events;
• A new website that was optimized for search engines; and
• A tradeshow booth for display at events catering to Ombudsman’s target audience.
Ombudsman’s goal was to unify and strengthen its brand identity so as to stimulate new programs and enrollment.
Ombudsman was featured in more than 75 media stories in one year as a result of Lovell’s distribution of more than 30 news releases, as well as direct contact with local media. Several locations now have enrollment at capacity and, in general, enrollment and awareness have increased.