« Return to List
Posted on 05.29.2014
In Memoriam: Memorable Quotes from Dr. Maya Angelou
The world lost one of its greatest communicators on May 28, 2014. World-renowned American author, poet and civil rights activist Dr. Maya Angelou passed away at the age of 86.
Following the news, tributes to her life poured onto social media. Many on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram shared their favorite quotes with their followers.
Dr. Angelou was known for her inspiring words that shed light onto the beauty and injustices of the world. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from such a brave, thoughtful and inspirational human being.
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
- "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have".
- "There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you."
- "Nothing will work unless you do."
- "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
- "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
- "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
My favorite quote is # 1. Do you have favorite Maya Angelou quote? If so, share it with us below.